When we’ll pick up interviewing for the role:
September / October
When we think we’ll need someone to start:
October / November
AV Support Engineer
Full time/part-time; permanent
It’s an exciting time here at Vanti. So, we’re on the lookout for an AV Support Engineer who will join the team on a permanent basis! If you’re a problem solver, with experience in AV, as well as someone who wants to work in an environment full of passionate individuals, then this is the position for you.
Our Engineering Team are the heart and soul of every Vanti project. They construct highly complex and intricate technology solutions focusing primarily on integrating control systems, audio and video hardware, as well as building services such as lighting and HVAC systems. They oversee the technical delivery of projects from end to end, ensuring that designs are translated correctly into fully working solutions, and that systems are properly documented and handed over to our Service Team.
As an AV Support Engineer you will be part of the Service Desk Team resolving technical issues from our Birmingham HQ base, remotely and on client site. You will be the first point of contact for any AV related issues from both our internal team (Team Vanti) as well as all of our external clients throughout the UK. Our real-time business critical systems need 24/7 monitoring and support, so you will be helping us to look after these too. Your main duties will be logging, prioritising, and solving support requests and live incident tickets, as well as onsite support, set up and monitoring.
Firstly, because we know how important it is to give people an idea of what they’d be earning in this role, the salary range we’ve got in mind is £25,000 to £30,000. If that sounds ok to you (or even if it doesn’t), we’d like to say a bit more about salaries, so please read on…
Vanti is a privately owned, small, growing business. We’re completely bootstrapped (meaning we’ve never taking investment) and we’ve learned how to be frugal and smart with our spend. That being said, we’re doubling in size year on year and the demand for what we do is getting bigger and bigger, so investing in great people is key. We’re not fans of putting people into ‘boxes’ and limiting their ability to evolve their role over time; we find that change is constant for us, so the role you do today might look very different in a few months’ time (sometimes more responsibilities, sometimes harder ones… sometimes something completely new!).
This evolving nature of people’s roles means we’ve found it challenging to develop salary grades and bandings, and very much rely on what feels fair following conversations with potential new team members. We have a rough idea in mind of what salaries we pay for certain types of roles based on current team members and market rate (hence the range we’ve advertised for this role), but we prefer to have conversations with candidates and discuss what they’re looking for – especially individuals who rely on a minimum income to support families.
We would hate to say “we will only pay up to £30,000” and for that to put someone off who could add huge value to our growth journey. This means that the range listed at the top of this section could actually have a higher upper bound, but we can guarantee you that it definitely won’t be below the lower figure.
We’re super transparent and happy to chat about all things finance, money and problems very openly, so feel free to ask us if you’d like to know more!
We expect you’ll spend much of your time…
- Troubleshooting and resolving client AV issues and queries.
- Performing daily remote system checks to ensure equipment and room functionality across multiple sites.
- Working closely with internal teams and external clients to provide support for AV systems and hardware.
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries both remotely and onsite.
- Performing quality assurance checks on installations and identifying any issues that need resolving.
- Conducting routine testing and problem diagnosis.
What your responsibilities will look like
- Supporting a wide variety of AV software and hardware.
- Ensuring all AV support tickets are raised, logged, and documented within the Service Team’s helpdesk system.
- Providing AV firmware/software upgrades as required.
- Assisting in the commissioning of AV systems.
- Providing onsite technical support when required.
- Terminating and connecting AV cabling both on and offsite.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional, and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum.
- Configuring a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment.
- Troubleshooting AV equipment on client sites.
- Assisting with software upgrades.
You should apply if…
- You have had exposure to AV systems such as Crestron, Cisco, AMX etc.
- You want the opportunity to work with (and play with) the very latest technology!
- You’re willing to try new things, make mistakes, and learn by doing. If you get thrown into the deep end, you should swim every time, even it’s only doggy-paddle!
- You want to belong to a team of fantastic folks that works in a slightly different way, and who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning.
- You want to contribute to something awesome, and grow and develop with us over time.
We’re not looking for someone who:
- Is only in it for the money.
- Doesn’t care about the work they’re doing.
- Isn’t interested in the bigger picture.
There’s nothing wrong with being motivated by money or seeing a job as just a job, but it’s very unlikely that such a person would feel fully satisfied and fulfilled working at Vanti.
The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen which is to get to know you a little more as well as share some more detail about the role. There will then be 2x face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, we may have to spread out over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
All career development plans are tailored to every individual. We don’t believe in the career ‘ladder’, we believe personal and professional development is complex and ongoing, so we will continually look to support you in both your learning and which roles and responsibilities you’d like to take on.
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, please email Danniie, our Talent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have.