When we’ll pick up interviewing for the role:
July / August
When we think we’ll need someone to start:
This role will be based from the Vanti HQ and on relevant project sites. Project sites will be a mix between the Midlands, London and potentially other areas of the UK. There may also occasionally be some travel to Europe in the future.
Full time/part-time; permanent
We’re looking for a Project Manager to be accountable for managing the onsite and offsite Projects and Engineering teams, acting as the main point of contact to communicate the scope of works effectively and manage delivery of our world-class technology installs. You will be liaising with the clients to maintain expectations and project requirements, providing the best experience possible every step of the way.
Firstly, because we know how important it is to give people an idea of what they’d be earning in this role, the salary range we’ve got in mind is £40,000 to £45,000. If that sounds ok to you (or even if it doesn’t), we’d like to say a bit more about salaries, so please read on…
Vanti is a privately owned, small, growing business. We’re completely bootstrapped (meaning we’ve never taking investment) and we’ve learned how to be frugal and smart with our spend. That being said, we’re doubling in size year on year and the demand for what we do is getting bigger and bigger, so investing in great people is key. We’re not fans of putting people into ‘boxes’ and limiting their ability to evolve their role over time; we find that change is constant for us, so the role you do today might look very different in a few months’ time (sometimes more responsibilities, sometimes harder ones… sometimes something completely new!).
This evolving nature of people’s roles means we’ve found it challenging to develop salary grades and bandings, and very much rely on what feels fair following conversations with potential new team members. We have a rough idea in mind of what salaries we pay for certain types of roles based on current team members and market rate (hence the range we’ve advertised for this role), but we prefer to have conversations with candidates and discuss what they’re looking for – especially individuals who rely on a minimum income to support families.
We would hate to say “we will only pay up to £45,000” and for that to put someone off who could add huge value to our growth journey. This means that the range listed at the top of this section could actually have a higher upper bound, but we can guarantee you that it definitely won’t be below the lower figure.
We’re super transparent and happy to chat about all things finance, money and problems very openly, so feel free to ask us if you’d like to know more!
We expect you’ll spend much of your time…
- Liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Creating project plan(s) and purchasing schedules, including anticipated logistics.
- Working closely with the Technical Project Manager to oversee any offsite building and commissioning, and managing progress of projects through the Vanti Lab.
- Producing Health & Safety documentation along with RAMS
- Checking in and liaising with clients to make sure their needs are met as the project evolves.
- Keeping an eagle eye on the project’s progress and budget, and handling (as well as communicating) any issues that arise.
- Working closely with the delivery team to make sure they know what’s going on and what’s expected of them.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Coordinating activities with other trades, including handling all onsite client and other PM requests.
- Identifying and communicating any new opportunities back to our Sales team.
What your responsibilities will look like
- Ensuring key client stakeholders experience a positive, informative and values-led engagement with Vanti from the beginning to the end of projects.
- Delivering for our clients by providing high quality solutions that meet time and budget expectations.
- Making sure value is gained for Vanti through profit and/or additional revenue.
- Providing timely management information so we’re able to make effective tactical and strategic decisions as a business.
You should apply if…
- You have fantastic communication skills – both with fellow team members and clients when things are going well and when things don’t go to plan and need honest conversations!
- You are highly detail focused, capable of logically approaching situations as well as being able to adapt to situations onsite as they arise, in a positive and integral way.
- You’re able to multitask and work on multiple projects at different stages of the product and project life cycle.
- You have experience in managing large project teams and running complex, high-value projects between £200k – £2m.
- You can demonstrate strong senior stakeholder management skills.
- You have a good knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- You’re not afraid to try out new things, make mistakes and learn by doing. If thrown into the deep end, you swim every time (even if it is only doggy-paddle!)
- You want to belong to a team of fantastic folks that works in a slightly different way, and who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning.
- You want to contribute to something awesome, and grow and develop with us over time.
We’re not looking for someone who:
- Is only in it for the money.
- Doesn’t care about the work they’re doing.
- Isn’t interested in the bigger picture.
There’s nothing wrong with being motivated by money or seeing a job as just a job, but it’s very unlikely that such a person would feel fully satisfied and fulfilled working at Vanti.
Many of our projects are currently based in London, so we’re open to someone being based in London full-time, as long as they’re happy to visit the Birmingham HQ a few days a month. Alternatively, we would also be happy to hire someone based in the Midlands to work from our HQ, as long as they’re happy to commute to London a few days a week when at crucial times of London based projects
The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen to get to know you a little more and to share more detail about the role. There will then be 2x face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, we may have to spread these over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, please email Danniie, our Talent Coordinator at email@example.com and she’ll be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have.