When we’ll pick up interviewing for the role:
June / July
When we think we’ll need someone to start:
August / September
Technical Project Manager
Central London, with travel to Birmingham to spend time at the Vanti HQ (likely 1 day a week or a few days a month)
Full time/part-time; permanent
It’s an exciting time here at Vanti. Due to continued growth of our industry, we’re on the lookout for a Technical Project Manager who will work specifically on technology deployments and integrations into buildings (software and hardware). If you’re highly organised, with a real interest in the latest technology and how ‘doing it right’ can positively impact the experience people have within buildings, then this might just be the position for you!
As a Technical Project Manager, you will oversee a wide variety of technically complex projects from conceptual design through to implementation and deployment. You will be working with the Internal Development Team and our Engineering Tech Leads to implement and deliver several projects simultaneously across multiple sites.
Vanti is focused on delivering great experiences for our clients and designing technology solutions that ultimately provide exceptional experiences for the people that are going to use the technology on a daily basis. So, we’re looking for a PM that can not only manage the project from a financial and time perspective, but also ensure that we’re delivering the experience that our clients expect from us.
Firstly, because we know how important it is to give people an idea of what they’d be earning in this role, the salary range we’ve got in mind is £40,000 to £45,000. If that sounds ok to you (or even if it doesn’t), we’d like to say a bit more about salaries, so please read on…
Vanti is a privately owned, small, growing business. We’re completely bootstrapped (meaning we’ve never taking investment) and we’ve learned how to be frugal and smart with our spend. That being said, we’re doubling in size year on year and the demand for what we do is getting bigger and bigger, so investing in great people is key. We’re not fans of putting people into ‘boxes’ and limiting their ability to evolve their role over time; we find that change is constant for us, so the role you do today might look very different in a few months’ time (sometimes more responsibilities, sometimes harder ones… sometimes something completely new!).
This evolving nature of people’s roles means we’ve found it challenging to develop salary grades and bandings, and very much rely on what feels fair following conversations with potential new team members. We have a rough idea in mind of what salaries we pay for certain types of roles based on current team members and market rate (hence the range we’ve advertised for this role), but we prefer to have conversations with candidates and discuss what they’re looking for – especially individuals who rely on a minimum income to support families.
We would hate to say “we will only pay up to £45,000” and for that to put someone off who could add huge value to our growth journey. This means that the range listed at the top of this section could actually have a higher upper bound, but we can guarantee you that it definitely won’t be below the lower figure.
We’re super transparent and happy to chat about all things finance, money and problems very openly, so feel free to ask us if you’d like to know more!
We expect you’ll spend much of your time…
- Leading end-to-end software and hardware project delivery including definition, planning, execution, implementation, governance and control, financial planning, resourcing and change management.
- Working with a Tech Lead to oversee and manage the development of technology features based on client requirements.
- Managing and delivering software/web application-based projects using agile methodology.
- Supporting technology teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing the scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications and budget.
What your responsibilities will look like
- Ensuring solutions are delivered on-time and are strategically aligned with Vanti’s goals as a business.
- Attending project meetings and converting them into actionable tasks with priorities and time frames.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the status of projects.
- Regular reporting to identify issues and risks.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
- Collating and clarifying information about requirements, needs, timelines, or other client or project specifics.
- Coordinating the production and delivery of development responsibilities with all other aspects of the project (e.g. our Design team and engineers, and arranging site access).
You should apply if…
- You have an understanding of the general concepts of CI/CD, QA, and general release processes.
- You’re able to multitask and work on multiple projects at different stages of the product and project life cycle.
- You can demonstrate strong senior stakeholder management skills.
- You have experience in cloud-based hardware deployments.
- You’ve got an understanding of cloud-based applications (front and back end).
- You are able to successfully manage end-to-end delivery of software/IT projects (and love technology!).
- You want to belong to a team of fantastic folks that works in a slightly different way, and who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning.
- You want to contribute to something awesome, and grow and develop with us over time.
We’re not looking for someone who:
- Is only in it for the money.
- Doesn’t care about the work they’re doing.
- Isn’t interested in the bigger picture.
There’s nothing wrong with being motivated by money or seeing a job as just a job, but it’s very unlikely that such a person would feel fully satisfied and fulfilled working at Vanti.
Most of our projects are currently based in London, so we’re open to someone being based in London full-time, as long as they’re happy to visit the Birmingham HQ a few days a month. Alternatively, we would also be happy to hire someone based in the Midlands to work from our HQ, as long as they’re happy to commute to London a few days a week when at crucial times of London based projects
The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen to get to know you a little more and to share more detail about the role. There will then be 2x face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, we may have to spread these over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, please email Danniie, our Talent Coordinator at email@example.com and she’ll be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have.