When we’ll pick up interviewing for the role:
When we think we’ll need someone to start:
Web Application Developer
Full time; permanent
Delivering exceptional experiences for our clients and teams is at the heart of everything we do at Vanti. As a result, we’ve grown our client base and developed a world-class reputation in the industry. Therefore, we are now looking for Web Applications Developer to grow our talented team of innovative and creative thinkers so we can deliver excellent client experiences and industry-leading projects.
We are looking for someone to help us develop a cloud-based solution for the modern smart workplace. We are using Firebase (Google Cloud Platform) and Vue.js (front-end web) to develop modern progressive web apps for the smart workplace. This includes desk booking and room booking solutions; supporting mobile, tablets, desktop, and custom kiosks. Our agile software development process helps us quickly respond to customer needs, and implementing new features will be a key part of the role.
Firstly, because we know how important it is to give people an idea of what they’d be earning in this role, the salary range we’ve got in mind is £30,000 to £35,000. If that sounds ok to you (or even if it doesn’t), we’d like to say a bit more about salaries, so please read on…
Vanti is a privately owned, small, growing business. We’re completely bootstrapped (meaning we’ve never taken investment) and we’ve learned how to be frugal and smart with our spend. That being said, we’re doubling in size year on year and the demand for what we do is getting bigger and bigger, so investing in great people is key. We’re not fans of putting people into ‘boxes’ and limiting their ability to evolve their role over time; we find that change is constant for us, so the role you do today might look very different in a few months’ time (sometimes more responsibilities, sometimes harder ones… sometimes something completely new!).
This evolving nature of people’s roles means we’ve found it challenging to develop salary grades and bandings, and very much rely on what feels fair following conversations with potential new team members. We have a rough idea in mind of what salaries we pay for certain types of roles based on current team members and market rate (hence the range we’ve advertised for this role), but we prefer to have conversations with candidates and discuss what they’re looking for – especially individuals who rely on a minimum income to support families.
We would hate to say “we will only pay up to £35,000” and for that to put someone off who could add huge value to our growth journey. This means that the range listed at the top of this section could actually have a higher upper bound, but we can guarantee you that it definitely won’t be below the lower figure.
We’re super transparent and happy to chat about all things finance, money and problems very openly, so feel free to ask us if you’d like to know more!
We expect you’ll spend much of your time…
- Developing front end web applications with Vue.js and Firebase including:
- Adding new features
- Finding and fixing bugs
- Designing user interface components
- Working with Firebase to enable the UI to function securely, including:
- Writing and testing cloud functions (Node.js)
- Writing and testing Firebase security rules
- Deliver and support all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, deliver functionality, testing, support, and documentation
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Build scalable applications from early design phases through to delivery
- Assist with the delivery of larger projects within a tight deadline
- Work closely with the existing dev team, as well as working with designers and others across the business.
The skills and experience we’re looking for
- In depth knowledge and experience using Vue.js
- Familiarity with Git for version control
- Excellent logical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Someone who enjoys complex programming challenges, with the attention to detail for good user interface design
- Someone who enjoys picking up new technologies and is interested in keeping up with the latest developments for the modern tech we use.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Material Design and the Vuetify framework
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps
- You want to work with people who love what they do every day, and be part of a team who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning
- You want to have the chance to impact the company’s growth and evolution
- If what we do sounds exciting!
- As with a lot of companies, it’s not currently business as usual at Vanti! Most of our team are currently working remotely unless they’re required in the office for any reason. You will be required to work remotely whilst the COVID-19 restrictions are in place, they will be monitored closely and reviewed regularly depending on the government guidelines.
The interview process:
- The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen getting to know you a little more and sharing more detail about the role. There will then be two face-to-face virtual interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, may have to spread out over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
- All career development plans are tailored to every individual. We don’t believe in the career ‘ladder’ – we believe personal and professional development is complex and on-going, so we will continually look to support you in both your learning and which roles and responsibilities you’d like to take on.
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, please email Danniie, our Talent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you 🙂